FAQs for Customers
Q. How do I register on Karpentree?
Click on the "Sign in" link on the top right corner of the homepage of the Karpentree website. This will open a window in which you will need to do the following:
- Enter your basic information
- Select a password for your account
- Click the "Create Account" button to complete your registration
Q. What is 'My Account'?
'My Account' allows you complete control over your transactions on Karpentree. On this page, you can update your contact details, change your password, and view your wish list. You can also check your orders and keep track of what’s due for delivery.
Q. Why should I register with Karpentree.com?
As a registered member of Karpentree, you do not need to re-enter your address every time you order. It will be saved in my account.
- You can track all your orders by logging into My Account with user email id and password.
- You can save items that interest you with the My Wishlist feature for easy purchase in the future.
- You can rate and review the products.
Q. I forgot my password, how do I log in?
Click on the 'Sign in' link on the top right corner of the homepage of the Karpentree website. This will open a window where you will see a 'Forgot Password?' link. Provide your registered email address and we will email you instructions for getting a new password.
Q. I am not receiving Karpentree newsletters or emails in my inbox.
It is possible that our newsletter goes into the spam or junk box of your e-mail. If you find the Karpentree newsletter in the Junk / Spam box, please flag it as "no-spam" and add the sender to your contact. You may also find our emails on the Promotions or Updates tab if you use Gmail. You can simply drag the email to the Primary tab.
Q. How can I unsubscribe from Karpentree newsletters and offers?
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and exclusive offers, you can simply unsubscribe using the below steps:
- Open an e-mail (Newsletter / Promotions)
- To the below, you can see a link to unsubscribe. Click on it
- Done! After that, you will no longer receive a newsletter from Karpentree.
Q. How can I track an order?
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email and an SMS notification with order details. You can track the shipment by clicking on the link provided in the e-mail. You can also track your order by visiting www.karpentree.com and clicking the track order link under My Orders button at the top right corner of the site.
Q. Why I see different status flags under My Order?
We make it easier for our customers to see the real-time status of an order and hence, different status flags. Below is the detailed information on the same: -
- Order Pending Confirmation: In some cases, the online payment might not reach us immediately due to technical delay at the payment gateway or at the bank. In this case, your order will be displayed as a "pending confirmation".
- Order Rejected - Payment Failed: The online payment you were trying to make was unsuccessful. You can try again with another payment method or card.
- Order Confirmed: The payment you made has been made and your order has now been confirmed.
- Item shipped: The product ordered by you was handed over by the vendor, the quality inspection is carried out and sent to your address via our logistics partner.
- Order Delivered: Your order has been delivered.
- Order Returned to Origin (RTO): Your item has been returned to the vendor.
- Order Refunded: We have processed the refund requested. The amount will be refunded to the original payment method used. It usually takes 7 to 10 days for the refund to be returned to your card or bank account. In transit: Your package is on its way to the destination.
Q. What Payment Options do I have?
Karpentree offers a wide range of payment options to meet your needs. The following payment options are currently available:
- Online banking. We have worked with 54 leading banks in India.
- Visa, Master, American Express credit cards.
- Debit cards issued by all leading banks in India.
- Karpentree Gift Cards
- Simple EMI Options from American Express, Axis Bank, Citibank, HDFC, HSBC, ICICI, IndusInd, Kotak, RBL Bank, SBI Card, Standard Chartered, Yes Bank.
- Online wallets like JioMoney, Mobikwik, Airtel Money, FreeCharge, Ola Money and PayZapp
- Bajaj Finserv
Q. How safe is your payment gateway?
Our Payment Gateway Partner uses HTTPS. Data encryption is one of the most basic things you need to keep in mind while using a payment gateway. It is very important to select a PAYMENT GATEWAY that follows the protocols of PCI DSS, ensuring that no sensitive data of a customer is under threat. We protect sensitive data.
Q. What is the Card Verification Number (CVV) on my credit card?
The CVV Number ("Card Verification Value") on your credit card or debit card is a 3-digit number on VISA®, MasterCard® and Discover® branded credit and debit cards. On your American Express® branded credit or debit card it is a 4-digit numeric code.
Providing your CVV number to an online merchant proves that you actually have the physical credit or debit card - and helps to keep you safe while reducing fraud. CVV numbers are NOT your card's secret PIN (Personal Identification Number)
Q. What is a 3D secure password?
3D Secure Service provides you with a password to protect your online transactions just like you use your PIN at the ATM. This password, which is created by you, is known only to you. This ensures that only you can use your card for online purchases.
When you use your credit or debit card for making the payment on our site you will also be asked to enter your 3D Secure password. The 3D Secure password or PIN has been made mandatory by RBI to provide an additional layer of security for your online card transactions. This 3D Secure password is known only to you and you will be prompted to enter it with a phrase set by again, only you.
The 3D Secure password is implemented by VISA and MasterCard in partnership with card issuing banks under the “Verified by VISA” and “Mastercard Secure Code” services, respectively. This is to ensure that you can authenticate yourself at the time of purchase by entering your 3D Secure password and no one else can misuse your credit or debit card. 3D Secure Service confirms your identity through a simple check process when you make online purchases.
Q. Does Karpentree.com retain my card or account information?
Karpentree.com does not collect or store your card or account information. Your transaction is authorized in several places, first through the payment gateway and then directly through Visa / MasterCard / American Express / Banks, without any information getting through us.
Q. Do I require to provide card information, account information or passwords by phone or email?
The Karpentree team will never ask you to provide your payment information by email or phone.
Q. Do you support wallet payment? If yes, how do I pay with an online wallet?
We have several online wallets that can be used to make payments: JioMoney, Mobikwik, Airtel Money, FreeCharge, Ola Money and PayZapp.
A wallet is a prepaid financial instrument approved by the Reserve Bank of India. It allows Indian consumers to save money in a virtual wallet and then make payments through various channels (mobile, desktop, tablet, SMS, IVR) without having to enter their card/bank details with each transaction.
After you have selected the items in your shopping cart, make a payment and select the last option "wallet". Under "Wallet" you will find a radio button for wallet types. Please select the option by clicking the radio button and making the payment.
Q. What EMI payment options are available to me on Karpentree?
Karpentree checkout supports EMI options for customers. EMI Providers : -
- Bajaj Finserv
- American Express, Axis Bank, Citibank, HDFC, HSBC, ICICI, IndusInd, Kotak, RBL Bank, SBI Card, Standard Chartered, Yes Bank
Q. How can I place a bulk order with Karpentree?
If your home or business requirement calls for a bulk purchase, Karpentree offers corporate sales services that cater to all needs: from setting up furniture items to your new home to furniture for your office or company - our Relationship Manager will guide you through the entire process - product selection to purchase. We also offer attractive prices for bulk purchases over INR 5 lakhs.
Q. How do I place an order on Karpentree?
- When you have selected the item you want to buy, click “Add to Cart”.
- In the pop-up screen, you can either continue shopping or else “View cart & checkout”
- If you choose the checkout option, you will be taken to the order summary page where you can confirm the order details like quantity, price, etc. You can also apply discount code in the same page if you have one.
- Click “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” and in the next page, add your complete shipping address. Please make sure to fill in the nearest landmark for easy delivery.
- On the same page, you can choose from a range of payment methods and click on Secure Payments.
- Once complete, click on “Place Order Now”.
- Your order is placed and you will receive a confirmation e-mail and an order number.
Q. Can I change my delivery or billing address after placing an order?
For confidentiality and legal reasons, the shipping or billing address cannot be changed once an order has been placed. If you have changed your address between ordering and receiving a product, you can contact us and we will do our best to help you.
Q. How do I know if an item can be delivered to my location?
On the product page, enter the delivery PIN code to see if it can be delivered to your address.
Q. Do you take a return of products?
We have a 7-day return policy for all products. Returns are accepted only for the following reasons:
- Damaged product
- Dead on arrival
- Manufacturing defect
- Incomplete product
- Wrong product
- Expired product
The timeline starts from the date the product was delivered according to the confirmation received from the logistics team or courier partners. What we need: -
- 2 images (Damaged Part, Complete Product)
- Return request over website/call/email
The returned product should be in its original packaging, and in the same condition as you received the product. Please ensure that all tags, peripherals, warranty/ guarantee cards, freebies and accessories including keys, straps, and locks are intact.
Q. How can I initiate a return if I received a damaged product?
- Log in to your account and click on My Orders
- Under My Orders, click RETURN for the item you want to return.
- Choose a reason for the return from the Drop-Down Menu
- Our agent will call you within 48 hours to confirm the next course of action.
Q. What is your refund policy?
The refund will be processed to the original payment method within 48 hours of the return receipt from the vendor. After processing, the refund will be credited to your account within the timelines listed below: -
- 48 hours in case of wallet payment
- 5-7 business days in case of NEFT, CC, DC mode
- 10-14 business days in case of UPI payment
- 7-10 days in case of Paypal transaction